Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ethnic Prints

I am really into Ethnic prints these days, Navajo blankets, Pendleton inspired stuff and especially Ikat prints.


I was a hippie back in the day. I went to the University of Oregon, followed the Dead and Phish (should I even admit that?). The whole time, I was wearing Ikat tunics and Navajo jackets. I love how fashion comes full swing...here we are again revisiting these old motifs.

Luckily, usually when the fashion world circles back, the result is better. And now, everything is much cuter. You can get an ice bucket with a great ikat print from www.shopiom.com. Madeline Weinrib has an amazing line of Ikat fabric out at www.madelineweinrib.com. Gucci is even making a dress out of a great grey, black and blue ikat. My Fall 2011 line will be full of these prints, but you'll have to wait a little while for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment